Dr. Charbonneau obtained a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology in 1994 at Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario. She is a registered psychologist in Ontario. Currently, she is an associate professor at RMC. Her research interests include leadership, motivation, army culture, and resilience.
Articles published in refereed journals
- Febbraro, A.R., Bradley, J.P., McCreary, D.R., Charbonneau, D., & Villeneuve, M. (2010). Career satisfaction of army lieutenant-colonels. Canadian Army Journal, 12, 21-31.
- Nicol, A.A.M., Charbonneau, D., & Boies, K. (2007). Social Dominance Orientation and Right-Wing Authoritarianism in a Canadian military sample. Military Psychology,19, 239-257.
- Charbonneau, D. (2004), Transformational leadership, ethical behaviour, and leadership effectiveness in military officer candidates. Canadian Journal of Police and Security Services, 2, 129-136.
- Bradley, J.P. & Charbonneau, D. (2004). Measuring professional attitudes in Canada's army. Canadian Journal of Police and Security Services, 2, 159-170.
- Charbonneau, D. (2004). Influence tactics and perceptions of transformational leadership. Leadership and Organization Development Journal, 25, 565-576.
- Bradley, J. P. & Charbonneau, D. (2004). Transformational leadership: something new, something old. Canadian Military Journal,Vol. 5, No. 1, 7-14.
- Charbonneau, D. & Nicol, A.A.M. (2002). Emotional intelligence and leadership in adolescents. Personality and Individual Differences, 33, 1101-1113.
- Charbonneau, D. & Nicol, A.A.M. (2002). Emotional intelligence and prosocial behaviors in adolescents. Psychological Reports, 90, 361-370.
- Bradley, J.P., Nicol, A.A.M., Charbonneau, D., & Meyer, J.P. (2002). Personality correlates of leadership development in Canadian Forces officer candidates. Canadian Journal of Behavioural Science, 34, 92-103.
- Charbonneau, D., Barling, J., & Kelloway, K., E. (2001). Transformational leadership and sports performance: The mediating role of intrinsic motivation. Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 31, 1521-1534.
- MacIntyre, A., Charbonneau, D., & O'Keefe, D. (in press). The role of leadership in building and maintaining resiliency. In Sinclair, R. R., & Britt, T. W. (Eds.). Building Psychological Resilience in Military Personnel: Theory and Practice. Washington DC: American Psychological Association.
- Charbonneau, D. & MacIntyre, A. (2008). Interpersonal feedback and individual change. In: B. Horn and R.W. Walker, Eds. The Handbook of Military Leadership, Kingston: CDA Press.
- MacIntyre, A. & Charbonneau D. (2008). Communication. In: B. Horn and R.W. Walker, Eds. The Handbook of Military Leadership, Kingston: CDA Press.