Dr. Michael Stacey specializes in numerical ocean modelling. Dr. Stacey has spent many years studying inlets, primarily on the west coast of Canada, and has also been funded to study the circulation in the northeast Pacific Ocean. His work includes the use of Argo float profile data and a novel spectral nudging data assimilation scheme.
Papers Published or Presented at Conferences Recently
- J. Shore, M. Stacey, D. Wright, K. Thompson. Modelling sea-surface variability using spectral nudging in an eddy permitting model of the Northeast Pacific Ocean. The Thirteenth Ocean Sciences Meeting, Honolulu, Hawaii, February 2006.
- J. Shore, M. Stacey, D. Wright. Simulation and energetics of eddies in the Northeast Pacific. Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society 2006 Congress, Toronto, Ontario. May-June 2006.
- M.W. Stacey, S. Pond. Energy fluxes due to the surface and internal tides in Knight Inlet, British Columbia. J. Phys. Oceanogr., 35, 2219-2227 (2005).
- M.W. Stacey, A. Valle-Levinson. Simulation and energy partition of the flow through Paso Galvarino, Chile. J. Mar. Res., 64, 249-266 (2006).
- M.W. Stacey, J. Shore, D.G. Wright, K.R. Thompson. Modeling events of sea-surface variability using spectral nudging in an eddy permitting model of the northeast Pacific Ocean. J. Geophys. Res., 111, C06037, doi: 10.1029/2005JC003278 (2006).
- J. Shore, M.W. Stacey, D. Wright, K. Thompson. Simulation of the northeast pacific with spectral nudging. CMOS Annual Meeting, May-June 2005, Vancouver, British Columbia.
- M.W. Stacey, S. Pond. On deepwater renewals in Indian Arm, British Columbia: sensitivity to the production of turbulent kinetic energy caused by horizontal variations in the flow field. J. Phys. Oceanogr., 35, 897-901 (2005).
- M.W. Stacey. Review of the partition of tidal energy in five Canadian fjords. Journal of Coastal Research, 21, 731-746 (2005).
Comments or suggestions are welcomed at: email@example.com