- Numerical methods in electromagnetics.
- Numerical analysis, treatment of singularities/numerical pathologies.
- Electromagnetic field theory.
- Microwave and Millimeter-Wave Components.
- Computer-Aided Analysis and Design.
- Gradient-based synthesis/design techniques of microwave components.
- Periodic structures.
- Applied mathematics, applied physics.
- Quantum many-particle systems.
Dr. Amari is involved in research projects in numerical methods in electromagnetics, numerical analysis, synthesis and design of microwave resonator filters and other passive microwave components.
Current research efforts focus on:
- Coupled-integral-equation techniques.
- Mode-matching methods, Spectral-Domain Methods.
- Method of Moments.
- Acceleration techniques of Moment Methods.
- Microwave filter synthesis.
- Numerical integration of singularities/oscillating functions.
- Design of RF coils for Magnetic Resonance Imaging.
- Optimization of passive microwave circuits.
- Dielectric resonator filters.
- Polarization detection in fish.