A number of financial aid programs are available to students pursuing university studies at RMC. Please consult the information provided below for more detailed information.
Ontario Student Assistance Program - OSAP
- To apply to the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP), you must register at the OSAP website and fill out a Full-Time or Part-Time application, as applicable.
- OSAP will communicate with you through the your the message inbox of your account. It is important you check your messages regularly and opt in for email notifications.
- You can complete most actions through your account, including uploading documents requested by OSAP during the application process.
- All information submitted to OSAP will be verified by the Ministry.
- Income is verified with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and any discrepancies may result the reassessment of your application.
- OSAP for full-time students is normally distributed twice a year. In (September) you will receive 60% of your entitlement. In (January) you will receive the remaining 40%.
- For full-time students and part-time students with study periods of 21 weeks or more, submit your OSAP application no later than 60 days before the end of your study period.
- For part-time students with study periods of 20 weeks or less, submit your OSAP application no later than 40 days before the end of your study period.
Continuation of Interest-Free Status
If you have previous student loans and you plan to continue your studies but, do not plan on applying for additional student assistance for the upcoming school year, you must ensure your previous loans are placed in interest-free status so that you do not have to repay the loans and interest while you are in school. To maintain interest-free status on your loans, you must be enrolled full-time and you must complete the online Continuation of Interest-Free Status application through OSAP or through NSLSC.
Important! If you have withdrawn from courses since receiving your OSAP funding, and this has resulted in a credit on your student account, RMC is required to send all/part of the refund to the National Student Loan Centre (NSLC) where it will be applied to your outstanding student loans.
Full-time/Part-time for OSAP
Students enrolled in Undergraduate studies programmes must meet one of the following criteria to be considered a full-time student for the purpose of receiving OSAP funding:
Minimum credits permitted by term/academic year
|Programme||Minimum number of credits|
|Arts: 1st Year||3 per term | 8 per academic year|
|Arts (except Business Administration): 2nd, 3rd or 4th Year||3 per term | 8 per academic year|
|Business Administration: 2nd, 3rd or 4th Year||3 per term | 8 per academic year|
|Science: All Years||3 per term | 8 per academic year|
|Engineering: 1st Year||4 per term | 8 per academic year|
|Engineering: 2nd 3rd or 4th Year||4 per term | 8 per academic year|
|BMASc: all Years||3 per term | 8 per academic year|
Students enrolled in Undergraduate studies programmes are considered part-time by OSAP if they are:
Students who are registered in less than the minimum number of credits of the full-year programme for their Programme of Study.
Students enrolled in Graduate Studies programmes may or may not be required to take courses as part of their degree. Therefore Graduate students are either full-time or part-time.
Students enrolled in Graduate Studies programmes are considered full-time by OSAP if they are:
- Registered as a full-time student, (A full-time graduate studies student would have a course load of 100% on the OSAP application.)
Students enrolled in Graduate Studies programmes are considered part-time by OSAP if they are:
- Registered as a part-time student.
Student Assistance Programmes by Province/Territory
- Alberta - Alberta Learning Information Service
- British Columbia - StudentAidBC
- Manitoba - Manitoba Student Aid
- New Brunswick - Student Financial Services (NB)
- Newfoundland - STUDENTAID
- Nova Scotia - Student Assistance
- Ontario - Ontario Student Assistance Program
- Prince Edward Island - Student Financial Services (PEI)
- Québec - Aide financière aux études Québec
- Saskatchewan- Student Financial Assistance (Sask)
- Northwest Territories - Student Financial Assistance (NWT)
- Nunavut Territories - Financial Assistance for Nunavut Students
- Yukon - Student Financial Assistance - SFA
The National Student Loans Service Centre
RMC Financial Aid Office
- Mackenzie Building, Room 361