Personal and Professional Bio:
Huw is the head of the English Department.
Huw's past research examined the career of the English language Welsh novelist Rhys Davies in the context of the literary market. Huw is currently researching the professional, political, and cultural career of Charles Lahr, a 1930s London bookstore owner. His latest books are edited collections of essays: The Rise of the Modernist Bookshop (Ashgate, 2015) and Queer Wales: the history, culture and politics of queer life in Wales (University of Wales Press, 2016).
Modern British Literature, Welsh Literature, Book History, and Queer Theory.
- Queer Wales: the history, culture and politics of queer life in Wales. Ed. Huw Osborne. 2016. Queer Wales
- The Rise of the Modernist Bookshop: Books and the Commerce of Culture in the Twentieth Century. Ed. Huw Osborne. 2015. The Rise of the Modernist Bookshop
- "Cocked and Ready: Teaching the Humanities in the Royal Military College of Canada Classroom." Military and Academic Cultures. Ashgate. 2010.
- Rhys Davies. University of Wales Press. 2009.
- 'What a fine body of men they are': Class, Gender, Sexuality, and the Authorial Identity of Rhys Davies." The Yearbook of Welsh Writing in English. 2009.
- ENE100/110 Introduction to Literary Studies and University Writing Skills
- ENE210 Reading the Contemporary World: 1900 to the Present
- ENE311 British Literature: 1890s to 1945
- ENE313 Postmodern British Literature