Dr. Naceur Essaddam is professor of finance and accounting. He holds an MBA from the University of Ottawa and Ph.D in finance and insurance from Université Laval. He also earned the Chartered General Accountant (CGA) designation and the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation. Dr Essaddam has assumed several leadership positions at RMC. He served as chair of the MBA programme for six years. He was also chair of the Canadian Defence Academy Research Program committee. In April 2020, Dr Essaddam was appointed as head of the department of management.
Dr Essaddam has published in several journals such as Journal of International Business Studies, Canadian Journal of Economics, Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions & Money, Global Finance journal, Journal of Multi-criteria Decision Analysis, Applied Economics Letters, Research in International Business and Finance, Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Canadian Military Journal and Finance research letters. Dr Essaddam won the best paper award twice from the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada.
BAE300/AAF300, BAE400/AAF400, BAE336/AAF336, BAE436/AAF436, AAF202, AAF242, MBA 527
Refereed Journal Articles
- Al-Khasawneh, Jamal & Dion, Paul & Essaddam, Naceur & Hussain, Tashfeen. (2020). Is the cost of equity a mere function of leverage? The case of bond IPOs. International Journal of Finance & Economics.
- Mnasri, Ayman & Essaddam, Naceur. (2020). Impact of U.S. Presidential Elections on Stock Markets’ Volatility: Does Incumbent President's Party Matter?. Finance Research Letters.
- Al-Khasawneh, Jamal & Essaddam, Naceur & Hussain, Tashfeen. (2020). Total Productivity and Cost Efficiency Dynamics of US Merging Banks: A Non-Parametric Bootstrapped Analysis of the Fifth Merger Wave. The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance.
- Boubaker, Sabri & Essaddam, Naceur & Nguyen, Duc & Saadi, Samir. (2016). On the Robustness of Week-day Effect to Error Distributional Assumption: International Evidence. Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money.
- Dutta, Shantanu & Essaddam, Naceur & Kumar, Vinod & Saadi, Samir. (2015). How Does Electronic Trading Affect Efficiency of Stock Market and Conditional Volatility? Evidence from Toronto Stock Exchange. Research in International Business and Finance.
- Essaddam, Naceur & Mnasri, Ayman. (2014). Event-study volatility and bootstrapping: an international study. Applied Economics Letters.
- Essaddam, Naceur & Karagianis, John. (2013). Terrorism, Country Attributes, and the Volatility of Stock Returns. Research in International Business and Finance.
- Beaulieu, Marie-Claude & Cosset, Jean-Claude & Essaddam, Naceur. (2006). Political uncertainty and stock market returns: Evidence from the 1995 Quebec referendum. Canadian Journal of Economics.
- Beaulieu, Marie-Claude & Cosset, Jean-Claude & Essaddam, Naceur. (2005). The impact of political risk on the volatility of stock returns: The case of Canada. Journal of International Business Studies.