The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science has two main laboratories used in teaching. Students and professors from the department can also use them to work on their assignments or courses when there are no classes.
Software available in our laboratories include:
- Android Studio - To develop applications for smartphones and tablets
- Adobe Acrobat - To produce PDF documents
- Eclipse - To Program in Java
- Maple - To solve mathematical problems analytically
- Matlab - For scientific computing and simulations
- Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Microsoft Visual Studio - Visual C++, C#, F#, Basic, etc.
- Miktex - To produce latex (math) documents
- MySQL - A database server
- Python - To Program in Python
Students in our department also have access to a number of Microsoft products through our Microsoft DreamSpark Academic license that can be downloaded and installed on their personnal computer for academic purpose.
G331/SSN27 - 10 seats
G326/SSC20 - 20 seats
To do good math, you only need a blackboard and some space. The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science has a number of blackboards installed in a nice naturally lighted environment with comfortable couches and coffee tables, ready to work with. Students and professsors enjoy working in this great convivial environment, discuss and solve mathematical or computer science problems.
Flight Simulator and Robotic Lab
Lab Head: Dr. Yawei Liang
Machine Learning Lab
Lab Head: Dr. Francois Rivest