Research and Teaching Interests
- Strengthening Concrete Beams with Prestressed FRP Sheets
- Fibre Reinforced Plastic (FRP) Sheets are a lightweight, efficient and non-corrosive material for strengthening concrete girders. This research project involves the development of a practical method for prestressing these sheets and an investigation of the strengthened beam.
- Strengthening Over-Bridged Structures
- Damaged bridge structures, over-bridged by modular bridge systems, may deteriorate beyond acceptable levels. This research project investigates the effectiveness of external post-tensioning as a method of strengthening over
- P.S. Bouffard, R.G. Wight, M.A. Erki, 1999. External Prestressing the Remaining Span of Severely Damaged Continuous Concrete Beams. Structural Faults and Repair - 99, 13-15 Jul 1999, ed. M.C. Forde, CD-ROM.
- R. El-Hacha, R.G. Wight, M.F. Green, 1999. Anchors for Prestressing FRP Sheets. Proc 1999 CSCE Annual Conference, Regina, SK, 2-5 Jun 1999, pp. 235-244.
- R. El-Hacha, R.G. Wight, M.F. Green, 1999. CFRP Wrapped Concrete Cylinders in Severe Environmental Conditions. Structural Faults and Repair - 99, 13-15 July 1999, ed. M.C. Forde, CD-ROM.