Mr. Schobel joined the Department in 2005 after a 20 year career in the Canadian Forces as a finance officer. He is a professional accountant - CMA (2007) and holds a MBA from RMC (2002) and a BA in Economics and Commerce (1989). In 2014, he was named a Fellow of the Society of Management Accountants of Canada. Mr. Schobel's research interests are in the areas of: performance measurement for not for profits, governance, and management accounting.
- Schobel, K.B., Scholey, C. Habuela Springs Swim Club, Management Accounting Guideline Case Study - CMA Canada (Accepted 28 Jan 2013, in print)
- Schobel, K.B., Schobel, C. University Canada, Management Accounting Guideline Case Study (Accepted 28 Jan 2013, in print)
- Schobel, K.B. How Much is Enough? A Study of Municipal Council Remuneration, Canadian Public Administration Vol 57(1) pp. 138-153.
- Schobel, K.B., Scholey, C. Performance Measurement for Not for Profits, Management Accounting Guideline - CMA Canada (Accepted 26 Nov 2012, in print)
- Schobel, K.B., Denford J.G. (2013) The Chief Information Officer and Chief Financial Officer Dyad - How an Effective Relationship Impacts Individual Effectiveness and Strategic Alignment, Journal of Information Systems, Vol. 27(1), pp.261-281.
- Schobel, KB., Scholey, C. (2012) Balanced Scorecards in Education - Focusing on Financial Strategies, Measuring Business Excellence, Vol. 16(3), pp. 17-28.
- Hurley W., Schobel K. (2009) Expenditure Defence Projects: An Estimate of the Value of Optimization Relative to Ad Hoc Procedures, MORS, Vol. 14(4), pp. 41-46.