Dr Bennett is a Technologist and Associate Professor (sessional) in the Royal Military College of Canada Department of Physics and Space Science.
Dr Bennett has published peer-reviewed articles in the areas of space science, materials science, and radiation dosimetry, as well as in the history and philosophy of science.
He has also been involved in distance-learning instruction and curriculum development at RMC and at the University of Western Ontario.
Dr Bennett earned his PhD in the history and philosophy of science (University of Western Ontario, 1999). His dissertation examined Johannes Kepler's pivotal role in the development of heliocentric astronomy and early-modern astrophysics.
Other interests include music, hiking, and science fiction.
Selected Published Papers
- "Evaluation of New Cosmic Radiation Monitors Designed for Aircrew Exposure Assessment" (with I. L. Getley, et al.) Space Weather, vol 7, issue 2, 2010
- "Advances in Measuring and Modelling the Atmospheric Radiation Environment" (with C. Dyer, et al) IEEE Transactions on Nuclear Science, vol. 56, no. 6, pp. 3415-3422, Dec. 2009, doi: 10.1109/TNS.2009.2032185.
- "Comparison of Codes Assessing Radiation Exposure of Aircrew due to Galactic Cosmic Radiation" (with Bottelier, J-F., et al) Proceedings of the 2009 EURAODOS WG5 Conference, Radiat Prot Dosimetry 2009 136: 317-323
- "Development of a Predictive Code for Aircrew Radiation Exposure" (with L. G. I. Bennett, Lewis, B., McCall, M., and Lemay, F.) Proceedings of the 2009 EURAODOS WG5 Conference, Radiat Prot Dosimetry 2009 136: 274-281
- "Magnetic Properties of HoFe2Hx" (with P. Schurer) Journal of Applied Physics 103. 123909, 2008
- "The Canadian Surveillance of Space Concept Demonstrator: Photometric Variability of Deep-Space Objects, Analysis and Interpretation" (with T. J. Racey) Proceedings of the 2006 A.M.O.S.; Space Science and Technology Conference, Kihei: 2006
- "The Canadian Surveillance of Space Concept Demonstrator: Metric Accuracy and Limiting Magnitude Assessment" (with R. L. Scott) Proceedings of the 55th International Astronautical Congress, Vancouver: 2004, IAC-04-IAA.5.12.1.01 - Republished in: Acta Astronautica, AA2378, Pergamon Press, Oxford: 2005
- "The Canadian Surveillance of Space Concept Demonstrator" (with R. L. Scott, B. Wallace, J. Rody) Proceedings of the 2004 A.M.O.S. Space Science; and Technology Conference, Kihei, HI: 2004
- "Hydrogen Absorption by Rare-earth Compounds: Investigations by X-Ray Diffraction and Mossbauer Spectroscopy" (with P. Schurer) Journal of Hyperfine Interactions, vol 5, Proceedings, ICAME Conference 2001, Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dortrecht: 2002, pp. 351-355
- "The Keplerian Revolution: Astronomy, Physics, and the Argument for Heliocentrism" Ph.D. dissertation, 1999
- "Kepler's Response to the Mystery: a New Cosmographical Epistemology" Prague Studies in the History of Science and Technology, J. Folta, ed., New Series, vol 2, Prague: 1998, pp. 49-64, in "Mysterium Cosmographicum: 1596 - 1996" Acta Historiae Rerum Naturalium Necnon Technicarum (Prague Studies in the History of Science and Technology). New Series, Vol.2, National Technical Museum in Prague, Editor Jaroslav Folta. Vydano s podporou pana Karela A. Velana, prezidenta Velan Inc., Montreal (Canada) Sazbu programem TEX pripravil Jiri Rohlicek Tisk: GTA, Kostelni 42, Prague, ISSN 1211-958X, 316, pp. 49-64
- "Unification and Support: Harmonic Law Ratios Measure the Mass of the Sun" (with William Harper and Sreeram Valluri) -Logic and Philosophy of Science: Proceedings of the 9th International Congress in Logic, Methodology, and Philosophy of Science, D. Prawitz and D. Westerståhl, eds., Synthese Library, vol 263, J. Hintikka, ed.,Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dortrecht: 1994, pp. 131-146
- PHE260: "Astronomy"
- CCE 321: "Advanced Instrumentation"
- PHE 390: "The Physics of Sound and Music"
- PHE 134: "Elements of Physics"
- PHE 104: "Introduction to Physics"
- PHE352: "Introduction to Astronomy and Astrophysics"
- PHE 233: "Elements of Physics"
- PHE 205: "Classical Mechanics"
- PHE 131: "Introduction to Classical Mechanics"
- PHE 360: "Astronomy: the Evolving Universe"
- PHE 203: "Introduction to Astronomy"
- PHE 103-233: "Principles of Physics"
- PHE104A: "Introduction to Physics"
- PHL 021: "Introduction to Philosophy"
- PHL 134: "Philosophy of Science"
- PHL 233: "History of Science"
Comments or suggestions are welcomed at: firstname.lastname@example.org