Jaspreet S. Tambar is an adjunct with the English Department and is also attached to the Writing Centre and the ALOY Program. He previously taught at Queen’s University and has worked as an Assistant Curator of European Art at the Agnes Etherington Art Centre and as a reporter for the Toronto Star.
European Romanticism; Shakespearean tragedy; formalism; rhetoric; history of ideas; aesthetics and art criticism.
Recent Scholarly Publications:
- “Hazlitt and the Tradition of the Characteristic,” Studies in Philology, vol. 115, no. 4 (2018).
- “Coleridge’s ‘Multëity in Unity’ and the Statuesque and Picturesque Impulses,” Studies in Romanticism, vol. 56, no. 4 (2018):
- “The Advocacy of Literature and Book Clubs for Inmates,” Journal for Prisoners on Prisons vol. 25, no.1 (2016): 67-69.
Other Recent Publications:
- “Curious George and the Female Nude,” The Antigonish Review, no. 194 (2018): 85-89.
- ENE210 Reading in the Contemporary World
- ENE228 Critical Approaches to Literature and Culture