Visiting Students

Related links

Visiting Students (Undergraduate Studies)

The following applies to Undergraduate Studies only.
For information on Interest Only status for Graduate Studies, please see the Graduate Studies Calendar.

If you are currently completing a university or college programme at another Canadian institution and wish to register for courses offered by the Royal Military College of Canada (RMC), you may apply for admission as a Visiting Student.  Except where a formal exchange agreement exists between RMC and your home institution, you must meet the regular Eligibility requirements for RMC. Please note that RMC participates in agreements with Ontario Colleges with respect to the Diploma of Military Arts and Sciences (DMASc) and has Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs) with various other universities across Canada. Please check with your home university for more information.

You must provide a letter of permission from your home university in all circumstances. 

What courses can you take as a Visiting Student?
As a visiting student you may register for any course if you can show that you meet the academic prerequisites for that course, if prerequisites are required. As a Visiting Student you cannot take courses other than those that are pre-approved by your Home institution for which you have a letter of permission. Students must ensure that they get proper permissions so that credits earned from RMC can be transferred to their original University.
Am I guaranteed a seat in the course I want as a Visiting Student?
Visiting students are allowed to register for any course but on first come first served basis and space may be limited in some instances. If there is no space available in the course of your choice, you will be contacted as soon as possible.
Do I need to re-apply as a Visiting Student?
No, but you must submit a new letter of permission for each new course you want to take. Your permission letter is specific and you are admitted to RMC only for the session and for the course corresponding to your letter. 
Date modified: