By Lt(N) Jennifer Fidler
RMC Public Affairs Officer
The Royal Military College of Canada provided four of the six finalist (teams) at the Professional Engineers of Ontario Student Paper Night held Tuesday, 23 March, at Queen’s University. The competition is held annually and is open to undergraduate Engineering Students from Queen’s University and the Royal Military College of Canada as a forum to present the results of a significant research or design project. As the culminating activity of their engineering programmes, the project is usually the fourth year capstone design project of the group. The following teams were finalists, with awards noted:
- 1st Place:
- from Aeronautical Engineering : OCdts M-A Pelletier & K. Latulippe
- Presentation: Aerodynamic Wing Design for Supersonic Flight
- 2nd Place:
- from Civil Engineering : OCdts J. Arnold, Z. Coleman & P. Besedin.
- Presentation: Bridge Design for the Battle River Crossing at CFB Wainwright.
- 3rd Place:
- from Computer Engineering : NCdt A. Myrie, OCdt I. Poplawski, & NCdt C. Williams
- Presentation: Sensor-Integrating Application for Physiotherapy
- Honourable Mention:
- from Mechanical Engineering: NCdt A. Gawne & OCdt J. Legault
- Presentation : Feasibility Study of Glass Reinforced Nylon for Outboard Propulsion System Manufacturing
All the teams provided excellent presentations. Congratulations to the supervisors from the Engineering faculty for enabling RMC of Canada cadets in achieving these successes, and congratulations to the teams for representing the College and the Faculty of Engineering with such distinction.