Note: The information in the calendar web pages is approved by Faculty Council and is recognized as the official information with regards to programme requirements and course descriptions for students starting their programme in the current academic year. Students who started their programme in previous years should refer to the archived calendar that coincides with the year they started. Current students can also audit their individual programme requirements using Degree Navigator™ which is available to them via their My Services portal account.
Key Dates and Important Notices
Dates and Deadlines
|Sep 8||Undergraduate Classes Start (Fall Term)|
|Sep 18||Obstacle Course|
Sep 18 - Sep 20
|Oct 12||Thanksgiving (statutory holiday)|
|Oct 13 - 14||Fall Break (Undergraduate)|
|Oct 15 - 26||Mid-term Exams|
|Nov 1||Admissions Application Deadline for Winter Term - Distance Learning|
|Remembrance Day (statutory holiday)|
|Nov 20||Fall Convocation|
|Dec 8||End of Classes|
|Dec 10 - 22||Examinations|
|Dec 22||End of Fall Term|
|Winter / Summer 2021||Event|
|Jan 11||Undergraduate Classes Start (Winter Term)|
|Jan 16 - 17||Supplemental Exams|
|Feb 15 - 19||Reading Week|
|Mar 31||Admissions Application Deadline for Summer Term - Distance Learning|
|Apr 02||Good Friday (statutory holiday)|
|Apr 05||Easter Monday (statutory holiday)|
|Apr 16||End of Classes|
|Apr 19 - Apr 30||Examinations|
|Apr 25 - Apr 27 (TBC)||Academic Tours (3rd yr engineers)|
|Apr 25 - Apr 27 (TBC)||Professional Development Course (2nd yr engineers)|
|Apr 30||End of Winter Term|
|May 03||First Day of Classes - Distance Learning (Summer session)|
|May 08 - 09||Supplemental Exams (graduands)|
|May 15 - 16||Supplemental Exams|
|May 21||Commissioning Parade|
|Jul 31||Admissions Application Deadline for Fall Term - Distance Learning|
|Aug 09 - 13||Examinations - Distance Learning|
|Aug 13||End of Summer Term - Distance Learning|
Dates specific to RMC Online students
|Event||FallFootnote 2 2020||WinterFootnote 2 2021||SummerFootnote 2 2021|
|Open Online Registration||1 July 2020||1 November 2020||1 April 2021|
|Distance Education Course Registration DeadlineFootnote 1||15 August 2020||30 November 2020||30 April 2021|
|Distance Education Late Registration Period (fee is applicable)||16-30 August 2020||1-15 December 2020||No Late Registration|
|Course Start||8 September 2020||11 January 2021||3 May 2021|
|Last date to withdraw from the course with possible entitlement to partial reimbursement||5 October 2020||7 February 2021||30 May 2021|
|Last date to withdraw from the course||26 October 2020||28 February 2021||20 June 2021|
|Deadline to register for exams||9 November 2020||22 March 2021||5 July 2021|
|Final Exams||14-18 December 2020||26-30 April 2021||9-13 August 2021|
|End of Term||22 December 2020||30 April 2021||13 August 2021|
|Release of grades via My Services||27 January 2021||29 May 2021||29 September 2021|
- The course listings and academic programmes described in this Calendar represent Senate-approved requirements and electives for completion of degree requirements. Circumstances beyond the control of the College, such as severe budget shortfalls, may result in restrictions in the number and range of course and programme choices available to students as compared with those listed herein or in other College publications.
- The College reserves the right to limit access to courses or programmes and, at its discretion, to withdraw particular programmes, options, or courses altogether. In such circumstances the College undertakes to the best of its ability to enable students registered in affected programmes to complete their degree requirements in a satisfactory manner.
- Prospective students or new registrants are advised to consult the most current information available from the College and its various Faculties in printed or electronic form, as well as academic advisors for the programmes concerned, before making registration decisions or course/programme choices.
- The Senate and the Board of Governors of the Royal Military College of Canada reserve the right to invoke changes in this Calendar, in either its printed or electronic forms, at any time without prior notice.
- Officer Cadets at the Royal Military College of Canada must select a course of studies which is compatible with their element of the Canadian Forces and with the Military Officer Occupation selected. The Canadian Forces reserve the right to limit enrolment in any given course of studies.
- Applications are processed through Canadian Forces Recruiting Centres (1-800-856-8488). Applications for admission should be submitted as early as possible in the final year of high school. Transcripts of final marks are not required to initiate an application.
- Additional information may be found on the Internet at Canadian Forces Recruiting.