Note: The information in the calendar web pages is approved by Faculty Council and is recognized as the official information with regards to programme requirements and course descriptions for students starting their programme in the current academic year. Students who started their programme in previous years should refer to the archived calendar that coincides with the year they started. Current students can also audit their individual programme requirements using Degree Navigator™ which is available to them via their My Services portal account.
Key Dates and Important Notices
Dates and Deadlines
|Sep 7||Undergraduate Classes Start (Fall Term)|
|Sep 17||Obstacle Course|
Sep 17 - Sep 19
|Sep 30||National Day for Truth and Reconciliation (statutory holiday)|
|Oct 11||Thanksgiving (statutory holiday)|
|Oct 12 - 13||Fall Break (Undergraduate)|
|Oct 14 - 26||Mid-term Exams (1st & 2nd yrs)|
|Nov 1||Admissions Application Deadline for Winter Term - Distance Learning|
|Remembrance Day (statutory holiday)|
|Nov 19||Fall Convocation|
|Dec 7||End of Classes|
|Dec 9 - 21||Examinations|
|Dec 21||End of Fall Term|
|Winter / Summer 2022||Event|
|Jan 10||Undergraduate Classes Start (Winter Term)|
|Jan 15 - 16||Supplemental Exams|
|Feb 21 - 25||Reading Week|
|Mar 31||Admissions Application Deadline for Summer Term - Distance Learning|
|Apr 14||End of Classes|
|Apr 15||Good Friday (statutory holiday)|
|Apr 18||Easter Monday (statutory holiday)|
|Apr 19 - 30||Examinations|
|Apr 30||End of Winter Term|
|May 2||First Day of Classes - Distance Learning (Summer session)|
|May 2 - 4||Academic Tours (3rd yr Engineering)|
|May 2 - 4||Professional Development Course (2nd yr Engineering)|
|May 9 - 10||Supplemental Exams (graduands)|
|May 16 - 17||Supplemental Exams|
|May 20 (TBC)||Commissioning Parade|
|Jul 31||Admissions Application Deadline for Fall Term - Distance Learning|
|Aug 8 - 12||Examinations - Distance Learning|
|Aug 12||End of Summer Term - Distance Learning|
Dates specific to RMC Online students
|Event||SummerFootnote 2 2021||FallFootnote 2 2021||WinterFootnote 2 2022||SummerFootnote 2 2022|
|Open Online Registration||1 April 2021||15 July 2021||1 November 2021||1 April 2022|
|Distance Education Online Course Registration DeadlineFootnote 1||30 April 2021||30 August 2021||15 December 2021||30 April 2022|
|Course Start||3 May 2021||7 September 2021||10 January 2022||2 May 2022|
|Last date to add a course||14 May 2021||19 September 2021||23 January 2022||15 May 2022|
|Last date to withdraw from a course with possible partial reimbursement||30 May 2021||3 October 2021||6 February 2022||29 May 2022|
|Last date to withdraw from a course||20 June 2021||24 October 2021||27 February 2022||19 June 2022|
|Deadline to register for exams||5 July 2021||8 November 2021||21 March 2022||4 July 2022|
|Final Exams||9-13 August 2021||13-17 December 2021||25-29 April 2022||8-12 August 2022|
|End of Term||13 August 2021||21 December 2021||30 April 2022||12 August 2022|
|Release of approved grades via My Services||11 September 2021||27 December 2021||6 May 2022||18 August 2022|
- The course listings and academic programmes described in this Calendar represent Senate-approved requirements and electives for completion of degree requirements. Circumstances beyond the control of the College, such as severe budget shortfalls, may result in restrictions in the number and range of course and programme choices available to students as compared with those listed herein or in other College publications.
- The College reserves the right to limit access to courses or programmes and, at its discretion, to withdraw particular programmes, options, or courses altogether. In such circumstances the College undertakes to the best of its ability to enable students registered in affected programmes to complete their degree requirements in a satisfactory manner.
- Prospective students or new registrants are advised to consult the most current information available from the College and its various Faculties in printed or electronic form, as well as academic advisors for the programmes concerned, before making registration decisions or course/programme choices.
- The Senate and the Board of Governors of the Royal Military College of Canada reserve the right to invoke changes in this Calendar, in either its printed or electronic forms, at any time without prior notice.
- Officer Cadets at the Royal Military College of Canada must select a course of studies which is compatible with their element of the Canadian Forces and with the Military Officer Occupation selected. The Canadian Forces reserve the right to limit enrolment in any given course of studies.
- Applications are processed through Canadian Forces Recruiting Centres (1-800-856-8488). Applications for admission should be submitted as early as possible in the final year of high school. Transcripts of final marks are not required to initiate an application.
- Additional information may be found on the Internet at Canadian Forces Recruiting.