Dr. Geoffrey Pond has been a member of RMC’s Department of Management since July, 2015. Prior to joining the department, Dr. Pond spent seven years as a member of Defence Research and Development Canada as an analyst with the Centre for Operations Research and Analysis. He has been a member of NATO and ABCA research panels, authored a number of government reports, and presented research at a number of national and international conferences. His research is focused on optimization of resources, specifically in support of fleet management. His PhD in mechanical engineering was awarded by the University of New Brunswick in 2006.
Recent Published Research
- Martin-Víde, C., Pond, G., and Vega-Rodríguez, M (editors), Proceedings of Theory and Practice of Natural Computing (2019) conference, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Spring Publishing, 2019.
- Pond, G., and G. McQuat, Chapter 17: Optimizing Fleet Staging of Air Ambulances in the Province of Ontario, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer Publishing, 2018.
- Schobel, K. and Pond, G. Public CFO Competencies – A National Defence Case Study Examining the Balance Between Financial and Strategic Priorities, Canadian Public Administration, Vol. 63(2), pp. 229-246, 2020.
- Tassone, J., Pond, G., and Choudhury, S. Algorithms for Optimizing Fleet Staging of Air Ambulances, Array, Vol. 7, 2020.
- Pond, G., Abdullah, M., and Turgeon, Y. Intersection of Corrosion Prevention Strategy and Practice, Journal of Quality in Maintenance Engineering, Vol. 26(1), pp. 120-128, 2019.
- Pond, G., Brimberg, J., Wang, Y., and Simms, W. (2015). A Comparison of Heuristics Applied to the Sensor Deployment Problem in 2D, Journal of Defense Modeling and Simulation, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp.343-352.
- Pond, G. (2010). Vehicle Availability During a Mounted Engagement, OR Insight, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 172-186.
Refereed Conference Proceedings
- Pond, G. and Turner, I. Regression Analysis of Historical Blood Donor Patters to Improve Clinic Scheduling. In proceedings of the 9th International Conference of Operations Research and Enterprise Systems (ICORES 2020), Valetta, Malta.
- Pond, G. and Pittman, J. Forecasting and Costing of a New 105mm Modular Propellant in Support of the Royal Canadian Artillery Regiment. In proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Conference in Industrial Technology and Management (ICITM 2020), University of Oxford, UK.
- Pond, G. and Shepherd, M. A Proposed Model for Optimization of Workforce Scheduling with Mentoring, Administrative Science Association of Canada (ASAC), Toronto, ON, May 26-29, 2018.
- Pond, G. and Bruce, J. (2012). Exploratory Analysis of the Canadian Army Vehicle Fleet’s Capability to Meet Future Requirements, in proceedings of the Administrative Science Association of Canada (ASAC), St. John’s NF.
- Liang, Y., and Pond, G. (2011). An Optimal Swarm Intelligent Heuristic to Find a Route for MANET, in proceedings of the 2011 International Conference on Instrumentation, Measurement, Circuits and Systems, Hong Kong.
- Liang, Y., and Pond, G. (2011). Using Linear Optimization and Swarm Intelligent Heuristics to Find a Route for MANET, in proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Natural Computation, Shanghai.
- Pond, G. (2011). A Comparison of Two Metaheuristics Applied to the Sensor Deployment Problem, in proceedings of the Administrative Science Association of Canada (ASAC), Montreal, QC.
- Cameron, F., and Pond, G. (2010). Military Decision Making Using Schools of Thought Analysis – A Soft Operational Research Technique With Numbers, in proceedings of the 27th International Symposium on Military Operations Research (ISMOR), Hampshire, UK.
- Cameron, F., and Pond, G. (2010). Applying School of Thought Analysis to Military Decision-Making, in proceedings of the Administrative Science Association of Canada (ASAC), Regina, SK.
- Pond, G. and Bruce, J. (2012). Vehicle Allocation Modelling in Support of Force 2013 Analysis, DRDC CORA TM 2012-192.
- Pond, G., Wang, Y., Brimberg, J., and Simms, B. (2012). A Comparison of Heuristics Applied to the Sensor Deployment Problem, DRDC CORA TM2012-191.
- Chapman, B., Pond, G., and Woodill, G. (2012). LAV Platoon Vehicle Mix Study – Turret Versus Remote Weapon Station, DRDC CORA TM2012-110.
- Pond, G. (2011). Probability of Detection by Visual Observation: An Integrated Survivability Monte Carlo Simulation, DRDC CORA TM2011-142.