Dr. Samar Garrab has been an assistant professor in the Department of Management since 2015. Samar holds a PhD in Business Administration (specialization Decision Sciences) from HEC Montreal and a master's and a bachelor's degree in Computer Science applied to Management. Her teaching expertise includes business analysis, optimization and decision analysis, operations management, project management, information technology, as well as algorithmic, programming and data analysis.
Her research focuses on sustainable development, environmental economics, game theory, decision analysis, operational research, and optimization.
MBA507, MBA593, MBA555, MBA505, MPA559, AAF/BAE242, AAF/BAE442, AAF/BAE 270, AAF344, BAE364, AMS527
Peer-reviewed publications (Selected)
- Evolutionary farsightedness in environmental agreements with signatories as game leaders, 2021 Annual Canadian Operations Research Society Conference, 7-10 June 2021.
- Are myopic or farsighted players better for the environmental cooperation?, The 55th Annual conference of the Canadian Economics Association, 3-5 June 2021.
- Evolutionary farsightedness in environmental agreements with signatories as game leaders, The 46th annual Eastern Economic Association conference, Boston, MA, 27 February – 1 March 2020
- Garrab S. and Breton M. The impact of signatories' leadership in environmental agreements, 7th International Renewable Energy Congress (IREC), IEEE Conference Publications, DOI. pages: 1-4, 2016
- Breton M. and Garrab S. Evolutionary Farsightedness in International Environmental Agreements, International Transactions in Operational Research, Volume 21, Issue 1, pages: 21-39, 2014