Dr. Ron Vincent specializes in the remote sensing of Arctic waters and climate change, focusing on satellite-derived sea and ice surface temperature algorithms, ice dynamics of the North Water Polynya, and polar dust loading. He is also involved in CubeSat mission development. He is the principal investigator of the CanX-7 Automatic Dependent Surveillance Broadcast (ADS-B) mission and is currently researching space weather and polar acoustic surveillance missions on CubeSat platforms. Dr. Vincent is the Director of the RMC Centre for Space Research.
Dr. Vincent also conducts research in Arctic remote sensing, specializing in sea surface temperature algorithms for arctic waters and marginal ice zones.
- Taylor H, Vreugdenburg M, Sangalli L, Vincent R., 2021, RMCSat: An F10.7 Solar Flux Index CubeSat Mission. Remote Sensing, 13(23):4754.
- Bowen M. and Vincent R.F., 2021, An Assessment of the Spatial Extent of Polar Dust using Satellite Thermal Data, Scientific Reports, 11, 901.
- Vincent R.F., 2020, An Examination of the Non-Formation of the North Water Polynya Ice Arch, Remote Sensing, 12, 2712.
- Vincent R.F., 2019, The Case for a Single Channel Composite Arctic Sea Surface Temperature Algorithm, Remote Sensing, 11, 2393.
- Vincent R.F., 2019, A Study of the North Water Polynya Ice Arch using Four Decades of Satellite Data, Scientific Reports, 9, 20278.
- Vincent R.F. and Freitag K., 2019, The CanX-7 ADS-B Mission: Signal Propagation Assessment, Positioning, 10, 1-15.
- Vincent R.F., 2018, The Effect of Arctic Dust on the Retrieval of Satellite Derived Sea and Ice Surface Temperatures, Scientific Reports, volume 8, 9727.
- Vincent R.F. and Van Der Pryt R., 2017, The CanX-7 Nanosatellite ADS-B Mission: A Preliminary Assessment, Positioning, 8, 1-11.
- Van Der Pryt R. and Vincent R.F., 2016, A Simulation of Reflected ADS-B Signals over the North Atlantic for a Spaceborne Receiver, Positioning, 7, 51-62.
- Van Der Pryt R. and Vincent R.F., 2015, A Simulation of the Reception of Automatic Dependent Surveillance - Broadcast Signals in Low Earth Orbit, International Journal of Navigation and Observation, Volume 2015, 567604.
- Van Der Pryt R. and Vincent R.F., 2015, A Simulation of Signal Collisions Over the North Atlantic for a Spaceborne ADS-B Receiver Using Aloha Protocol, Positioning, 6, 23-31.
Comments or suggestions are welcomed at: email@example.com