Dr. Bryan Paterson is an assistant professor of economics at the Royal Military College of Canada having joined the economics faculty in 2006. He completed a BA in economics at the University of Western Ontario and an MA and PhD in economics at Queen's University. He is a member of the Canadian Economic Association and the American Economic Association and he is a research associate with the chair in Defence Management Studies at Queen's University.
- Economic growth and development, technological change, the role of institutions and conflict in development.
Research and Publications
- Integrating Civilian and Military R&D: A Growth Security Tradeoff
- Ethnic Polarization and the Incentives for Terrorism
- Patterns of Institutional Persistence
- Innovation and Imitation with Labour Market Returns
- Post R&D Innovation: Why a Broader View of Innovation Matters for Endogenous Growth
- Military Spending and Growth: The Role of Institutions (with Ryan Compton)