The Royal Military College of Canada, Faculty of Science offers five undergraduate programmes and a Minor in Military Science, in both English and French. The subjects in the curriculum are selected for their value to future officers in the Canadian Armed Forces.
The five undergraduate science programmes listed below have a high proportion of time devoted to the Arts. The Faculty of Science offers programmes that are applicable to both the Canadian Armed Forces and the civilian sector. For example;
- Chemistry is fundamental to the study and analysis of propellants, environmental studies, pharmacology and forensic science;
- Physics and Space Science are used in satellite remote sensing, optics and optical fibre networks and materials science; and
- Mathematics and Computer Science are used in war games, operations research and financial computing.
The Minor in Military Sciences is an interdisciplinary minor, awarded to students enrolled in four-pillar Arts degrees recognizing the unique value of the Royal Military College of Canada core curriculum.These are the requirements for the minor in military sciences
Undergraduate Science Programmes
The Royal Military College of Canada offers, through its faculties and departments, the following programmes leading to a Bachelor of Science (Honours) or a Bachelor of Science and the Certificates.
Minor in Military Sciences
The Minor in Military Sciences will include eight (8) credits of which two must be senior level (300/400). It will be structured as follows:
Mandatory courses (3 credits)
Optional courses (5 credits)
- 1 junior Physics course (100 or 200-level)
- 1 junior Chemistry or Biology course (100 or 200-level)
- 1 junior Information Technology course (100 or200-level)
- 2 senior Science courses (300 or 400-level)