- Q: Where can I find the Application to Graduate Studies form?
- A: The RMC Application to Graduate Studies form can be obtained at Admission to Graduate Studies
- Q: Where can I get information about the tuition fees?
- A: Go to RMC Academic Fees
- Q: Where do I find the Important Dates and Deadlines?
- A: Go to Graduate Studies Important Dates and Deadlines
- Q: Where can I get the PG Course Offerings?
- A: Go to Graduate Programmes then click on the pertinent Programme.
- Q: How do I register for a course?
- A: A student registers in a course via the College Information Management Services once admitted at the College and received a student number (Gxxxx) per e-mail. Then a student receives a username (Idxxxx) and a password to access the College Information Management Services. The “Registration Request” tab on the College Information Management Services will only be available during the course registration periods, as per RMC's academic event's calendar. The online Course Registration Request is a 3-step process; the steps are as follows
Step #1: Select Your Course(s)
Step #2: Confirm Financial Information
Step #3: Submit Registration Request
For further detailed information, click on Student Help under the Resources tab.
- Q: Who do I contact for questions related to my programme of studies, course registrations, financial information etc.?
- A: Go to Contacts, locate and contact the appropriate programme representative.
- Q: How do I get a Class Material List?
- A: You will get the Class Material List through the College Information Management Services; once the payment is processed, you are registered in the course. Click on the course code then on the Resources tab
- Q: Where can I obtain my course textbooks?
- A: Once registered in a course, the Course Material List is available on the College Information Management Services; click on Student Information then Textbooks tab. All books are available for purchase at The Campus Bookstore at Queen's University or by fax (613) 533-6419 / Tel (613) 533-2955 or 1-800-267-9478. It is at the discretion of the student to purchase the textbook at Queen’s or somewhere else. It is ultimately the student's responsibility to obtain the textbooks required for a course.
- Q: What does it mean when the Campus Bookstore at Queen's University website mentions that for a given textbook, the quantity available is "0"?
- A: For undergraduate courses, two to three months before the start of a semester RMC requests the Campus Bookstore at Queen's University to "adopt" a specific number of textbooks, meaning that the Bookstore orders a specific number of copies of the textbook from the publisher. When a larger number of students register for the course, the Bookstore may be short on books, in which case the availability shows "0". However, the student should not assume that the Bookstore is unable to provide the textbook; instead, the student should fill out the order form and send it to the Bookstore. The Bookstore will then find a textbook for the student. The student will be advised if the Bookstore expects problems in obtaining the textbook. Once the Bookstore has a copy of the textbook it typically takes 2 to 3 business days to send the book to a location in Ontario, and 5 business days for a location outside Ontario. For overseas locations, timings vary greatly depending on the country. If you have any concerns regarding your order, you can email the Bookstore at Frontdesk@campusbookstore.com to obtain more information.
- Q: How do I submit my assignments?
- A: For all regular GS courses, the method for submitting assignments is via your RMC Moodle course. By submitting through your online course, the date of submission is automatically recorded and the assignment is automatically directed to your instructor. If you don't have a Moodle account, please contact Support (Support@rmc-cmr.ca) to obtain one. Do not send your assignments directly to your instructor.
- Q: Who do I contact for issues related to examinations?
- A: For all issues related to examinations, contact the exam coordinator at 613-541-6000 ext 6681, CSN 271-6681. You can also email the coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q: How do I get my Student Summary?
- A: Your Student Summary can be obtained through the College Information Management Services; click on Student Information then Academic History tab. Download your full academic summary. If you don't have an account, please contact RMC Support email@example.com to obtain one. Grades are usually released four weeks after the end of the semester.
- Q: Who do I contact for Official Transcripts?
- A: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q: How do I get a receipt from Finance?
- A: Receipts for reimbursement of tuition fees or for income tax are available through the College Information Management Services; click on Student Information then Finance tab.
- Q: At the end of the semester, how do I get the Class Material List for reimbursement purpose?
- A: The Class Material List is available on the College Information Management Services; click on Student Information then Academic History tab. Click on the icon beside the pertinent course code.
- Q: How to get Library Services?
- A: All RMC students, including those registered as Visiting or Interest-Only students, have access to all learning resources and documents available online through the RMC Massey Library. Please contact email@example.com or (613) 541-6000 ext 6343 to request access to it.
RMC students also have borrowing privileges at certain other universities with whom RMC has an agreement in place. To use these borrowing privileges, please fill out the Inter-University Library Borrowing Card Application form available on the College Information Management Services under the Documents and Forms tab.
Students located in the vicinity of Kingston can contact the RMC Massey Library to discuss borrowing privileges.
Frequently Asked Questions for Graduate Students
- Date modified: